What is Physiological Load & What can we do about it?
- How much stress you maybe carrying when we walk into the gym
- Know how much an individual can handle and what we can do to alleviate some of that load.
- Similar to walking into the gym and carrying a 350 pound BB on your back.
- Intense Exercise protocols maybe further pushing yourself or your clients into an imbalance.
Autonomic nervous system has 2 branches
The Autonomic Nervous System
- Peripheral nervous system – Conscious end of the nervous system. (using hands, speaking, movement)
- Central Nervous system – has autonomic system “Automatic” Ex. Someone scares you and you don-not need to tell your heart and respiration to elevate. They do so automatically .
Being scared stimulates one branch on the ANS called the Sympathetic Branch
- Fight or Flight
- Break down of tissue
- Stimulus to allow us to handle the stress within the circumstance
- Build up and repair hormones
- Rest and Digest
- after ingesting a large meal this branch will perform all processes needed without us having to think about it.
- Gain weight, Grow tierd, stress load, grow old faster, De-vitalized
- Growth hormone
- Building hormones that we want to stimulate through exercise
Bringing Balance to Both Branches
Imbalances start when one side is overstimulated with Para-sympathetic (Yin) or Sympathetic (Yang)
Sympathetic branch is associated with all types of stressors and an imbalances on this end produces a “fight or flight syndrome” thus stimulating all of those catabolic hormones to be produced.
Example: Under money stress. “I don't have enough money to pay my bills”
- Heart rate increases
- Eyes dialate
- Respirations increase
- body thinks its being attacked by a TIGER!
Stressors are just a perception, and in that perception we are stimulating the sympathetic branch of our nervous system. Producing extreme amounts of catabolic hormones that are “Break-down” hormones which leads to
- Lack of results
By bringing balance to the ANS and bringing the catabolic hormones to a balanced level this will allow the anabolic hormones to start taking effect (testosterone, dhea) which will lead to results and creating an environment to support those changes for fat loss, muscle building, conditioning, strength)