~ PizzaOmelet ~
A 12'' round with all the toppings your taste buds desire, with a high protien zero carbohydrate crust...it's a healthy crowd pleaser, and a fun option on the weekends.
-12 egg whites
-1 cup fresh chopped brocolli
-1 cup fresh chopped mushrooms
-1/2 cup chopped onions
-1 diced roma tomato
-1 cup fat free or low fat swiss cheese
-1/2 cup all natural salsa or tomato paste (or marinara )
-2 Tbs of Organic Flax Meal sprinkled atop
-2Tbs ofOrganic Coconut oil
Build your breakfast Pie...Guilt Free
1. Coat a deep p an with 2 tsp of coconut oil and turn on a medium heat setting (the deeper the pan the better, and then considered "deep dish") then prepare your "Pizza Batter"
2. In a large mixing bowl combine your toppings, with the liquid egg whites until ingredients and selected spices meld and mix evenly.
3. Pour your pizza batter onto the pan and spread out evenly. Then, cover. Cooking should take approx. 12-15 minutes while keeping the lid on. (*the lid is the key to cooking the top of the pizza evenly)
4. You can also Add on your cheese, meats, and seasonings before its done cooking, for additional toppings that may taste better melted or warmed.
5. When cooked to your liking (the bottom should be browned, and resemble a real pizza dough crust) carefully remove pizza from pan with a spatula onto a plate, or for eye candy... a pizza stone! Let cool, then cut into bite sized pieces or slices. A low calorie Marinara or sauce makes an ideal dipping or top spread.
Get creative with your toppings to create your ideal pie (turkey bacon, ham, pineapple, turkey sausage links, vegetarian, ..your imagination knows no limits!
Enjoy your next PizzaOmelet